I was enlightened and touch by Lisa Nichols’s video clip on Steve Harvey’s show.
Through the years, I have been at rock bottom so many time and it was that decision Lisa mentioned that makes me continues to work hard towards my dream. I am glad to say that I am about to reach a milestone in my life that I have been dreaming about achieving it for so long. The journey has been long, fill with many challenges and struggles, however; I never give up pursuing something that I have the desire for it.
Let Lisa Nichols’ words inspire you to rescue yourself. Remember that while you are uplifting others, don’t forget to uplift yourself along the way to success and greatness.
My highlights of 2014:
- New job (a step closer to where I wants to be)
- Lebanon foods (experience with nws at a local restaurant in Sacramento; kinda small but good experience, great foods)
- Magic Marketing Workshop
- Hmong Women Today Retreat at Harmony Ridge Lodge, Nevada City
- Hmoob Thoj rooj mov khi tes
- Fundraiser Event for ‘The Hmongstory 40 Exhibit’
- Travel to San Diego (first time being there, and love it)
- Amador Cellar; Behind the cellar door fest (Wine tasting pass in Amador county; tasty goods and great wine with my two little ladies; gotta do it again but next time go earlier because too many wineries to visit)
- Pro Bono – Hmong Seniors Class at Hmong Women Heritage Association (teach edible fruits carving & arrangement; basic).
- Sacramento Zoo (spend with two cute kiddos, their first time at a zoo)
- Morocc foods (experience w/ BBF at a local restaurant; great experience and foods; definitely worth the experience; dancers entertainment is included if dine on Friday and Saturday)
- Santa Cruz Boardwalk (visiting my brother w/ cousins and bring back memories of nws thiab kuv)
- Save Mart GRAPE ESCAPE (great wine and foods; definitely worth the $$$; will do it again in 2015)
- Yosemite National Park (First time there and love it)
- Miss Hmong South CA Banquet
- Lake Berryessa getaway
- New Hmong name (my dad gave me a new Hmong name on my BDAY; his new trend for his kids)
- Salinas, Monterey and Carmel getaway
- Pro Bono (edible fruits arrangement set up for Steve Ly’s Luau Party for Elk Grove City Council election)
- Spartan Race (Super)
- Halloween (my half-siblings first Halloween trick-or-treat)
- 2004 Honda Civic LX (bye to my old car of 11 yrs)
- 2014 Honda Accord Coupe L-S (brought a new car; another bill adding to my list of expense)
- Limousine & Wine Tasting (great experience, gotta do it again)
- Volunteer (Assist coordinated SHNY pageant)
- School (2 more classes to go until graduation…yayyy!)
I’m blessed for everything that come into my life and those on it’s way; the goods and the bads. 2014 been a journey of challenge; mentally, emotionally, and physically! I’m thankful for the experiences and I’m excited for 2015! What’s up next?