I finally reach a milestone, the BIG 3.0, a few months ago and never thought it will get here this soon. Bye to the 20s and hello 30s! Time to build.
I do hope that with ages, will come experiences, knowledges and wisdoms for personal growth.
Here are a few things I did over the years and a few things in my bucket list that I will love to do in the next 30 years. What’s your list like?As I reflected on the last 30 years of experiences in my life (the things and places I see, visited and have done), altho many has been achieved and experienced, I cannot wait for what the future hold in store for me to discover. I did not think that the BIG 30 will get here so soon. Cheer to 30s!
My highlights of 2014:
- New job (a step closer to where I wants to be)
- Lebanon foods (experience with nws at a local restaurant in Sacramento; kinda small but good experience, great foods)
- Magic Marketing Workshop
- Hmong Women Today Retreat at Harmony Ridge Lodge, Nevada City
- Hmoob Thoj rooj mov khi tes
- Fundraiser Event for ‘The Hmongstory 40 Exhibit’
- Travel to San Diego (first time being there, and love it)
- Amador Cellar; Behind the cellar door fest (Wine tasting pass in Amador county; tasty goods and great wine with my two little ladies; gotta do it again but next time go earlier because too many wineries to visit)
- Pro Bono – Hmong Seniors Class at Hmong Women Heritage Association (teach edible fruits carving & arrangement; basic).
- Sacramento Zoo (spend with two cute kiddos, their first time at a zoo)
- Morocc foods (experience w/ BBF at a local restaurant; great experience and foods; definitely worth the experience; dancers entertainment is included if dine on Friday and Saturday)
- Santa Cruz Boardwalk (visiting my brother w/ cousins and bring back memories of nws thiab kuv)
- Save Mart GRAPE ESCAPE (great wine and foods; definitely worth the $$$; will do it again in 2015)
- Yosemite National Park (First time there and love it)
- Miss Hmong South CA Banquet
- Lake Berryessa getaway
- New Hmong name (my dad gave me a new Hmong name on my BDAY; his new trend for his kids)
- Salinas, Monterey and Carmel getaway
- Pro Bono (edible fruits arrangement set up for Steve Ly’s Luau Party for Elk Grove City Council election)
- Spartan Race (Super)
- Halloween (my half-siblings first Halloween trick-or-treat)
- 2004 Honda Civic LX (bye to my old car of 11 yrs)
- 2014 Honda Accord Coupe L-S (brought a new car; another bill adding to my list of expense)
- Limousine & Wine Tasting (great experience, gotta do it again)
- Volunteer (Assist coordinated SHNY pageant)
- School (2 more classes to go until graduation…yayyy!)
I’m blessed for everything that come into my life and those on it’s way; the goods and the bads. 2014 been a journey of challenge; mentally, emotionally, and physically! I’m thankful for the experiences and I’m excited for 2015! What’s up next?
Random thought of the moment:
I notices that attention has been given to the Hmong women a whole lots now a day because they have incline in social status by far more then the Hmong men has. It doesn’t mean that the Hmong men isn’t.
Lets remember NOT to used this as a stereotype judgement towards any Hmong males and lets not devalues them by any mean.
I have four amazing brothers who I truly love and with each day, they are making discovering and slowly achieving their goals each passing days; whether the goal is as small as a piece of hair or as big as the universe.
Therefore…whether you know me or not, I AM EXTREMELY PROUD of all the positive things you’re doing for yourself and society. Thank you for just being YOU. ♥
“Isn’t it wonderful to have your life on track or back on track regardless all the downfall? One little achievement a day, at a time…Today, I feel like the future is so promising at my end.”
The past few years since my mother pass away has really drained energy out of me. Blaming life on the lost of my mother would be completely wrong but portion of it because of me; for losing hopes for the futures and lacking the motivation to strive for my passion, goals and dreams in life.
I’m sure everyone has their ups and downs through life and there are so many obstacles been thrown at each of you. However, it is the will of the individual to refrain themselves, restore the energy back to them, redefine who they are and the passion or purpose in life in order for them to continues to pursue their dreams or goals. I praised people who are strong and brave because they have the strengths and courage to pull themselves up from the many down fall. They know the happy side where they once was and wants to bring that sense of happiness or sunshine back into their life once again.